Wednesday, March 31, 2010

All Your Biomass Are Belong To Us!

by SandWyrm


Ok, if you thought the Belostomatidae was creepy, you ain't seen nothin' yet. That bug maxed out at 12 cm. This one gets up to TWO FEET OR MORE!
I hereby present the Bathynomus Giganteus, a deep-water crustacean that feeds on dead whales and whatever else it can scavenge of the ocean bottom at 2300 feet below sea level. Evidently it's related to the common Pillbug.

Wikipedia Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_isopod

 Hive-Fleet Rave Says Hi!

Good luck getting away. My initiative is higher than yours.

Sssssss! I'll be having your blood now.

This week on Stargate SG1...

If I beat you in poker can I eat you? Mmmmnnnnn...?

 Do I Look Fat To You? Be Honest!

 Wanna Hug?

Get The Plasma Gun, I Have To Be Sure!

 You can thank Ghengis Vaughn for this one. :)

8 comments:

  1. heh. If I hadn't been on the machine with the MacG4 yesterday, I woulda done this.
    that thing's just too creepy. I was waiting for dread Cthulu to rise up out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plasma for the win against this mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, yeah, this thing is truly scary. The 4th pic reminds me of the alien from Independence Day. I think its the eyes.

    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/38/116475896_2fa0dacea0.jpg

    ReplyDelete

out dang bot!

Recent Favorites

All-Time Favorites